I've been sorting through stacks of "stuff" since I returned from my three-week long trip to Maine. Most of that "stuff" is periodicals that are months old and weren't read mainly due to the lack of time since our move in June.
In one of the finished magazines I got an idea that I'd like to adapt for our family. The article is titled Our Year Without Shopping by Kym Croft Miller in the September 2009 issue of Good Housekeeping. In it the author describes their one year without shopping for anything but edibles and depletables. It was an eye opening, interesting article with concepts that I either already do for our family or have been wanting to implement - especially while the kids are still young enough to go along with it without much fuss.
It would definitely be a good exercise for this family, but I know I'll have some difficulties convincing the husband that this is something to try; it would be a big lifestyle change, one I don't think he'd be on board with. I wonder if I can just start sneaking it in without him noticing....hmmmm.
Monday, October 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment